me me me me me meme
November 29, 2007
The very lovely and talented artist Val Webb tagged me for a meme over a week ago, and being a great, big procrastinator, I am just now getting to it.
Val is the artist behind The Illustrated Garden. Her blog is filled with beautiful drawings of her garden, helpful craft and art tutorials, and among other nifty things, just a nice place to find yourself. You must stop by.
The rules of this meme are:
· When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you.
· Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself.
· At the end of the post you must tag and link to eight other people
- 8 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I married my best friend, Tom a year ago, October. After dating two years, we moved in together, then two years after that, we bought a house, two years after that we got married. We like doing things a little out of sync. Keeps things interesting.
2. We have 3 kitties, or should I say, 3 kitties have us. They allow us to think we are running the show.
3. My favorite color is green. All shades of green, but especially deep jade and the bright yellowish green of a sapling. The first time I saw the sun back light a dewy meadow along the 101 heading north from L.A. to the central coast, I felt the magic of that color take hold of me and never leave. Green invigorates, heals, inspires and gives me hope.
Oh, and it looks great with red hair.
4. I love…no, I am addicted to strong coffee. In fact, it pretty much needs to be espresso, whenever possible. My favorite way to start the day is either some black french pressed, french roast, or a double, short brevé (steamed half and half) cappuccino. I like it short because I want just a wee bit of steamed milk so I can really taste the bite of the coffee. I like the way this drink smacks me upside the head when I’m blurry eyed and stumbling around in the morning. Especially with the late nights I’ve been keeping since starting this blog.
My favorite way to end the day is with a nice cup of tea, either straight or if I need extra comforting a little milk and orange blossom honey.
Another favorite way to end the day is with a nice glass of cab or zin or a shot of Irish Whiskey. But that’s another conversation.
5. I like soup.
6. My husband says I smell good, so I’ve got that goin’ for me.
7. In addition to kitties and dogs, I adore bunnies, raccoons, squirrels and all things furry. Check it.
8. I would love nothing more than to spend my days illustrating and possibly writing children’s books. I realize I am not alone in this, especially since everyone and their movie star is writing children’s books these days. But there you go.
You gotta have a dream.
If you’re still awake, thanks for sharing 8 random things with me.
Here are my tags.
Eli at Art by Eli
David at Pickle Dog
Ginger at Ginger Pixels
Nancy at My Collage Art
Alicia at My Place Over the Hill
Eugenia Gina at Dua Mata Saya
Angela at Angelato
Michelle at Illo Blog